Tuesday, 23 February 2010

A smile for WIPSO - and TSV for me!!!

Did you get it?  I stayed up last night to see what all the fuss was about... Linda (A Crafting Journey) worships 'Lord Tim of Holtz' as she calls him - I watched.... and have to agree - he makes it look so easy (they all do) to come up with really fabtabulous pieces of arty things.  So... I JUST gave in and bought the TSV...

THEN added to it and bought the...

Just don't tell my OH (he went to work before I ordered it/them).  Watch this crafty space...

On another note - remember my last post of the little bag with the handmade flowers on - I said it was winging its way to someone special and couldn't reveal what was inside:

Well this found its way, thanks to Mr Postman, to WIPSO at A Stitch In Time.  Wispo blogged about receiving her little gift this morning before I'd even turned on the PC!!!  She has become a special friend - we exchange e-mails and she has been soooo kind and supportive while i've been off work sick - and this was a token of my appreciation and thanks for being there - and listening to my going on about my aches and pains!!

I would also like to thank EVERYBODY who leaves really lovely comments and regularly visits my blog - you've made me realise that I wish i'd have discovered blogland long ago.  I've only been blogging since beginning of January this year and already have 'met' so many great, talented, generous and kind crafters.

Anyway - I also made a card for WIPSO then added a tiny picture of the poppy canvas she made which is on my craft room (conservatory) wall.  Here is a pic of the card:



If you pop over to her blog (and why not have a look in the shop - Sisters Crafty Creations while your about it), you'll read about her reaction and see what lovliness they have for sale... I already have a couple of items on order which I can't wait to receive.

Anyway, I said i'd reveal what was in the little gift box once it had reached its destination:
  • Edited instructions (removing all my waffle) for making the flowers
  • Some pages from an old book  - to make the scripty looking ones
  • A kebab stick - cut into two pieces
  • A template for the large flower
  • A template for the smaller flower
  • A heart shaped chocolate
  • Some punched out flower stamens
Thanks for dropping by, big hugs,

Paula
x x x

p.s. will blog some cards later that I was making at silly oclock this morning :O)

6 comments:

  1. Does anyone think (like I do) that Tim Holtz had 'distressed' his shirt on QVC today??? LOL

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gift to Wipso was beautiful. I must admit I hadn't spotted the mini canvas, but what a personal touch to an already outstanding card.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I have been made to feel very special today and will say a big thank you for all the really special goodies I received.
    Big hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I LOVE this. Outstanding! (I, too, am loving bloggy-land where all the sweet scrappers hang!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab gift and how clever to make the little canvas replica - wow. where did you get the mannequin and sewing machine from - I am a sucker for anything sewing related!
    Hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula thanks for getting back to me.
    I wondered if you would send me your snail mail addy? there is something I want to send you - not stalk you LOL! Although I could come and steal those TSV punches you keep referring to!
    Linby@b183.freeserve.co.uk
    hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails