Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Silly O'clock Creations - No. 1 - Dirty Fairy!!!



Well - I didn't go to bed last night - I stayed up to watch the live shows and launch of QVC craft day and his Timness - then the repeats started to come on - but I was WIDE awake...  So I thought I'd make a couple of cards.  I've not made any for a few days and thought I would play and do something completely different using my inks, a stamp I had coloured up last week (the fairy) and a stamp i'd bought and never used (the flower).  

More pages from my Catherine Cookson book were inked with worn lipstick and vintage photo for the background and torn.  I inked the flower up with adirondak one layer with wild plum and another with lettuce.  The 'ribbon' across the card is actually something I bought from a bargain warehouse place when visiting a friend in Ayrshire, Scotland a couple of years ago and was actually meant to be knitted. The pearl in the centre of the bow is from a brooch I dismantled a while ago.  The flourishes were cut on my silhouette and inked up to 'age' them, and the other flowers are foam and from the great big stash I got last week from QVC.  I 'dirtied' the fairy up with old paper distress ink and put some glitter glue on her wings and in the centre of the flowers and on the edge of the paper flower petals.  The border down the side was done using my new MS punch (previous TSV buy).

This is not for any challenges - just an experiment with a style that I've not done before - is it 'shabby' or 'grungy' - I really don't know.

Thanks for dropping by, big hugs

Paula
x x x

4 comments:

  1. Can't be grungy - in spite of using Th products, it doesn't come out in seven sahdes of distressed wee wee, so it must be shabby! It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very delicate and shabby IMO! can't believe the flower did not come with the fairy because they look so good together.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linby - The big flower (rose) is part of the fairy stamp - I was referring to the others in the corners.

    Paula :O) x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails