Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Shabby Flower




This is my last post today - i've got a banging headache (prob lack of sleep - thanks QVC!!!)...
I remembered earlier that I bought a LOAD of organza way back when I first started to craft - needless to say I didn't do anything with it - because I didn't KNOW what to do with it!!  So I brought it in from the garage (I think almost brought everything in now from there) as I had a moment of inspiration - which doesn't happen very often.  I wanted to make some flowers.  Here's how I did it:

Cut a strip off the piece of organza - the silver (the first layer) was about 5cms wide (2 inch for our American friends) and the pink (top layer) about 2.5cm (one inch).  Nothing measured, no hems, just cut and hope for the best LOL.

I threaded up a needle with double thread and sewed a long running stitch up the whole lenght of the strip then pulled until it twisted and played until I was happy that it resembled a rosette shape.  Repeated this for the pink then got a button from my stash (I don't have a lot of colour choices so used cream - but might colour it black) sewing the button through both layers to secure them together.  Simples!!!

I'll put it on a card to see what it looks like and show you another time.

Don't forget WOYWW tomorrow - I'll be partaking when I get up - I think I'll have a lie in in the morning though then brace myself for spending the rest of the day visiting al those other lovely crafters who partake too.  Just to tell you though that I WILL be having a bit of a tidy up once I've posted this or I won't be able to settle down - will it be QVC 'til 12 or shall I watch Sally Morgan??? Hmmmm.....


Big hugs - catch you tomorrow - thanks for dropping by.

Paula
x x x

5 comments:

  1. Ooh beautiful flower Paula :) Hope the head's better soon.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula
    You are a very artistic lady, love this, I wish I had you next door.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely - hope your head is better soon.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Really love these delicate flowers Paula. Hope you had a better night's sleep and are feeling much better this morning.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Paula flower, although I have to say I'm not a Sally Morgan fan my DH thinks she's great but her eternal cheerfullness just turns me off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails