Monday, 1 February 2010

My First Challenge Entry

I can't believe it... I'm entering my very first challenge over at Get Funky.  The brief is just to use ANY Funky Hand paper in the project.  My entry is a word book I made for my Friend to send to her Dad.  It was a bitter sweet commission as I had just lost my Dad - but I really didn't mind doing it and found myself pouring all my love and effort into making her Dad a lovely card.  It is a word book.  He likes gardening so is based, of course, on a gardening theme in green colours.  I thought I'd enter something other than a valentines card as this card was made with Sooo much love - as if I was making it for my own Dad - who would have loved it too. 

Hope you like it!




























Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment or become a follower to keep up to date with my random ramblings,

Paula
x x x

11 comments:

  1. wow..wow...wow...Paula...first of all congrats on doing your very first challenge and thank you so much for choosing Get Funky for your first one...your book is beautiful and I'm sure will be much appreciated...sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad...thanks again for joining in the fun this month at Get Funky and we hope to see you often.....hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab - I bet your friend was really thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab word book
    Thanks for playing along at Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you...what a lovely card...having lost my Dad I can understand somewhat how you feel....a goregeous card and well done with your first challenge. Thank you for your comments on my blog. x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very honoured here at Get Funky to be your first challenge entry, and what a wonderful creation it is as well! Thank you so much for joining in with us this month.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful word book Paula. Lovely colour scheme & sentiment on the front cover. Well done for finding the strength to make it. I found paper crafts when I was at a very low point in my life & it is bringing me great comfort. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful Paula. The love and care you lavished on it - to honour your dad as well as hers, shines through. Thanks for being part of the Funky Hand Feb challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant word book Paula, lots of lovely details.
    Thanks for choosing Get Funky as your first challenge entry, we are honoured to have you join us, and hope to see you again next month.
    :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula

    A gorgeous work book. I love all the special embellishments you have added.

    What an honour for Get Funky! to be the first challenge you enter - there will be another on the 1st March .. .. would be nice to see you here again then.

    I love the papers you have chosen to make your book. The colours remind me of the sky, grass and earth which are just so appropriate for your theme.

    So sorry to read about your Dad :-(

    Take care

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the win and so sorry I ran out of time to leave comments to wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, and congratulations on winning, it's much deserved!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails