Friday, 19 February 2010



I have just received this award x 2 - from Wipso at 'A Stitch In Time' and also from the talented Chrissie at Simply One of A Kind. I'd really like to thank them both so much for thinking of me - I can't tell you how flattered I am...

To accept it one needs to follow these instructions:

1. Give a top 10 list of the things that makes you happy.
2. Give a top 5 list of trivia about yourself.
3. Share the award with only 5 persons and ask them to do the same thing.
4. Link the blogs you choose and link the blog of the person awarded you.

so here goes.

The top 10 things that makes me happy:
  1. My husband and Children
  2. My Mum
  3. My memories of my Dad
  4. My Cats
  5. Warm fleecy blankets and snuggling up
  6. Camping
  7. Crafting
  8. Blogging
  9. Recieving blog awards from nice blogging friends
  10. My PJ's

5 bits of trivia about me - 
  1. I drive too fast and chunter at most people on the road
  2. I once stayed in a hotel in Manchester with my friend as we'd missed the last train home after shopping.  In the morning, we realised it was a hotel favoured by transvestites - and probably can't tell you the rest on here as it may come across wrong (e-mail me if you want to know the rest...)
  3. I once had pink streaks in my hair and told friends I was inspired by a famous t.v. personality (then revealed that it was bagpuss)!!!
  4. I once went to an all male meeting wearing plaited pig-tails and got called Heidi 
  5. I used to have a horse-shoe shaped scar on the end of my nose which I got from falling over when I was 18 months old - its only recently faded 
I hope you didn't drop to sleep during that!!!  I've got so many things to tell you but probably not publishable on here!!!

I hereby award this to the following people:

Crafty Chris for her regular visits and kind words
Liverpool Lou (Anne) - who is always cheerful
Susie at 'Sassy Designs at Die Cut Dreams' - to cheer her up after her disasterous day with glue, baths etc etc
Lisa at 'A day in the life of a craft fairy' - A new blog i recently started following; lisa posts some great makes on her blog
Brenda from 'Butlers Abroad' - another new crafting friend who drops by and leaves kind words

I know there are different schools of thought on blog awards and I truely appreciate all visitors and commentors to my blog - and I do find it difficult to pass them on because I'd give everyone an award for giving me the time of day - blogging has really got me through the last few weeks and I know there is more to come (surgery etc etc) - but we seriously all enjoy receiving some recognition - right?

Just another thing - who starts the original awards off and is it in order for someone to invent one??? I'd love to know your thoughts on this....

Anyway,thanks for dropping by

big hugs to all who visit the playground

Paula
x x x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Paula
    Thanks very much for thinking of me, I will do my best to get this on over the weekend,
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Paula that is so sweet of you to think of me
    I'm glad I made you laugh thats what its all about .............and crafting of course !! lol
    Thanks again
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paula. I'm sat here with tears running down my face. Love your trivia and NEED to know more so if you've time please share :-) You tell me yours and I will tell you mine :-)
    Catch up with you soon.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, firstly thank you for thinking of me I'm chuffed to little mint balls (Liverpool expression, at least it was, probably fallen out of favour now LOL) Fall asleep reading the trivia? It was hilarious, especially fashioning your hair after bagpuss hehe. I'll defo be emailing for more info later when I'm back home (next door at DDs just now)
    Hope you're having a good day :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW I can't see any reason why anybody couldn't create their own award - I don't think there's an award academy where peeps have to go and take some sort of exam in 'Blogawardmakingology' LOL so I'm hoping to see one you've created in the near future ;)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula - Thanks for thinking of me! My trivia etc is now up for the world to read! Please so tell more about "that" hotel.... I also think it should be for the world! Go on, write a blog post, I double dutch dare ya!

    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey
    I also meant to say that I looked at the ebay site for the tree embossing folder but she doesn't have any at the moment, think I'll email her at some point to see if there'll be any more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again ;) Can't find your email on here? I need to know full details about that night in Manchester! I haven't sorted the award out yet hun as PC's been playing up and kicking me off internet so everything's been taking ages.
    Hope you have a good weekend :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails