Not sure if this is going to come out properly, but just because I wanted to see if I could, I have done a project specifically to post on here. My husband has been out and purchased a replacement camera (I bet the other one turns up now), and I've taken pics of the project in stages - again, something I've never done before.
Well here goes - step by step:
1 - Took a basic white hammered card blank 6 x 6 bought recently from create and craft.
2 - Cut a piece of pink cardstock (bought from PaperMill Shop) and trimmed to 4 x 4 (ish) and embossed using the swiss dots embossing folder.
3 - Mounted pink card on card blank using wet glue (I don't normally use wet glue - I prefer double sided tape or tape roller
4 - Took a lighter piece of card stock and trimmed to approx 4 x 4, then embossed using the Victorian embossing folder
5 - took a pink pigment ink pad and swept it over the embossed piece of card (vibrance ink pad)
6 - popped a length of green gross grain ribbon cross the embossed card (from the Smirk range bought from the Papermill shop) and secured round the back with double sided tape
7 - Mounted this on the card blank with wet glue
8 - I then decoupaged the flowers you can see in the image above (called build a blossom)- these were free downloads from Jak Heath's blog 'Crafters Kitchen' - (visit her blog to download) - you will also find a sheet of the leaves here too
9 - I cut down all the petals to give extra dimention
a side view to show the dimension (sorry for the quality of the photo)
10 - added a scalloped oval sentiment mat (cut with my silhouette) - two sizes, one made in to a frame, which I swept with the pink pigmank ink pad (as before)
11 - added glass beads to the middle of the flower, and three gems to the bottom right handside of the card and TADA! My finished project:
I haven't decided what sentiment to include yet so it's blank for now.
The scalloped ovals were done yesterday - I did a few sheets in black and white, making some of them into frames all different sizes so I could layer them when I want. I also did some circles and squares and a few days ago, did some in silver and gold mirri board - just in case... I did loads of white so that I could colour them to match my project.
Anyway, after all that, it took me more time to blog this than it did to make the project - but then, I am still a blogger apprentice!!!!
Thanks for looking - please leave a comment - constructive criticism very welcome!!!