Sunday, 10 January 2010

A new challenge for me...


Well, I've been laid up in bed since Friday with a chest infection (a pretty bad one this time - i'm on an inhaler and antibiotics and had to have a chest x-ray) so i've been mostly sleeping.  During my waking moments, I've been bloghopping again and come across more wonderful blogs while I've been laid in bed. 

Actually, when i have been awake and laid in bed, I made a few purchases of things i NEED; - i've bought and downloaded some Digi Stamps and ordered some stamps from Lily of the Valley (LOTV).  I haven't really been big into stamping before - I usually prefer to decoupage and use CD's a lot but I did some stamping using a free Forever Friends stamp at Christmas which I enjoyed watercolouring so I thought I'd broaden this out a bit.


This morning on a very rare trip to the kitchen (I mean while i've been ill - I do actually go into my kitchen daily!), I managed to carry the laptop downstairs and connect to the printer in the conservatory and print a few pages of digi images out to colour in while in bed.  I bought some letraset Promarkers which arrived yesterday, so thought I would get something I could colour in (owing to my lack of physical stamps).  I made a start and realised quickly that I needed loads more colours so duly ordered some from Joanna Sheen's online store (free P&P, plus the sets of 5 pens were the cheapest I'd seen).  At the moment I have the waterbased aqua promarkers and not being experienced, don't know whether this was a good call or not - I suppose I'll soon find out.

I'm also waiting for some nestabilities i've ordered.  Since I started blogging - all that time ago (last Sunday actually), I've been following Eileen - the host of Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard blog - she posts loads of useful tutorials on her blog so i'll be going back there when my goodies arrive so recheck out the sandwhich recipes ) i'm also waiting for a tan mat and a magnetic sheet but the postie seems to have had difficulty in getting through all this snow!!!


As you can imagine, at the moment I feel like I'm bursting with ideas and things to create but just haven't got the energy to do anything- in the meantime, I'm going to keep on blogging and enjoy all the great craft blogs and musings out there.  I do need to make a couple of cards in the next week or so as its the OH's Birthday at the end of the month and a couple of days before that, my friendsbirthday.  I'll post my offerings on here when I've done them.  I really fancy doing one of those easel cards that seem to be so popular at the moment.


If you have any tips to share with me on the best use of promarkers - or anything else in fact - please leave me a link to your blog so that I can visit and get the most out of my new pens.
Thanks and happy crafting


Paula xx

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope you feel better very soon because it sounds like your creative juices are flowing..You asked about my House Mouse card on my blog..I use Prisma Pencils and gamsol or a cleaning solution we have here in the states called GooGone. I lay the color down on paper and then use a paper stump(dipped in the GooGone) to blend the colored pencil wax. If you have any questions let me know..thanks for you comment on my blog...feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails