Thursday, 14 January 2010

More New Stash and Playing with my Nestibilities


Well the postman has brought some more stuff this morning - an order I had placed with Joanna Sheen for some promarkers, a role of organza ribbon which was on offer, and a pack of angels wings in gold.  The other pack was from Lili of the Valley for some of their cute stamps I ordered - I can't wait to play with both.

Well I've been playing with my nestibilities this morning - the scalloped circles and labels 1 (seeing as that's all I've got).  I've been making some sentiments so I have them read to use for any project coming up. Here's how I did it:

Firstly, I created very feint circles on a word document and added text (various sentiments):





Secondly, I cut the sheet up with my craft cutter into smaller managable squares:




I then cut each individually with my 3 smallest scalloped circle making sure that it fit adequately round the sentiment.

Next, I put the following sandwhich together following the instructions from my nestabilities pack:
A plate, C plate, Die, Cardstock, B plate:

Et voila:

I did all the sentiments on white linen effect card stock and ivory hammered effect cardstock - using the various sizes of die from both the scalloped circles and the labels one dies.   I did a few plain ones too for matting - in the larger sizes including pink.  You can also see that I did a few circles in the dotty paper I was playing with yesterday - this is because I'm going to make some flowers for embelishments later.











 



I heard from a colleague this morning who had passed all three of some accountancy exams she took just before Christmas - I made her a quick card, which my husband has dropped off:


For this I just used a ready folded card, embossed a piece of plain pink card with the paisley cuttlebug embossing folder.  Tied some white grossgrain ribbon around and popped one of my new sentiment toppers on top - just a single layer here.  Just a quick and simple card - that says exactly what it needs to!!!
I might repeat the process later increasing the size of the font - it's all trial and error...

I might share some finished projects off later but need to do my friend a birthday card and finish one for my husband which I started earlier.

Hope you enjoyed my project.


Bye for now

Paula. xx

5 comments:

  1. Great card and time well spent in nesty cutting! Being off work is bad for your bank manager!! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband would agree with you Julia - If only he actually knew... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a lovely card Paula, I love pink! Thanks for following my blog. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea darling and your cards are lovely
    Thanks for visiting my blog today sweetie come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails